Join Ben Sullins for an in-depth discussion in this video Exercise files, part of Hadoop for Data Science Tips, Tricks, & Techniques.
- [Instructor] If you have access to the exercise files for this course, you can download them to your desktop as I've done here. Inside of this, each different file is the reference to the part of the chapter in the video, so 1_1 is the first video in the first chapter. If I double click on this, you'll see all the commands that we actually run ion that video, and you can copy and paste them. But if you don't have access to the exercise files or if you're viewing this course on a mobile device or a set-top device, it's okay because we're going to manually type most of them anyways, so you can still follow along as we go throughout the course.
Now let's get started.
- Working with files
- Organizing files in HDFS
- Connecting to Hadoop
- Exploring Hive through Beeline
- Accessing Hive from Python
- Creating aggregates in Hive
- Selecting partitions in Hive
- Complex data structures in Hive
- Mapping data in Hive
- Creating flat tables for Impala
- Deconstructing Impala queries