Join Ben Sullins for an in-depth discussion in this video Exercise files, part of Hadoop for Data Science Tips, Tricks, & Techniques.
- [Instructor] If you have access to the exercise files for this course, you can download them to your desktop as I've done here. Inside of this, each different file is the reference to the part of the chapter in the video, so 1_1 is the first video in the first chapter. If I double click on this, you'll see all the commands that we actually run ion that video, and you can copy and paste them. But if you don't have access to the exercise files or if you're viewing this course on a mobile device or a set-top device, it's okay because we're going to manually type most of them anyways, so you can still follow along as we go throughout the course.
Now let's get started.
- Explain which commands are used to make changes in HDFS.
- Identify the commands used to upload data from the command line to the HDFS.
- Recognize two operations the HDFS performs when a user moves files.
- Summarize how to remove files recursively in HDFS.
- Recall how to select and implement partitions.
- Explain how to flatten a Struct data type in HiveQL.