Join Barton Poulson for an in-depth discussion in this video Cloud computing: IaaS, PaaS, SaaS, and DaaS, part of Techniques and Concepts of Big Data.
- Cloud computing means, computer services…that are delivered over the internet…instead of on your own computer.…The most common services in cloud computing…are infrastructure as a service, or IaaS,…platform as a service, PaaS, software as a service, Saas.…And because this course is about Big Data,…I will also mention data as a service, or Daas.…Infrastructure as a service is an online version…of the physical hardware of computer, which is why…it's also sometimes called hardware as service,…It can be thought of as the hosting layer.…
It includes the disk drive, servers,…memory and network connections.…For example, in the last movie…we talked about online storage.…And that would be one element of IaaS…On the other hand, that part where we discussed storage…didn't include the availability of computer chips, or RAM.…If you need access to hundreds of…terabytes of storage space, hundreds of gigabytes of RAM,…and super high speed network connections,…then an IaaS service would be a great way to go.…This can save an organization an immense amount…
Lynda.com is a PMI Registered Education Provider. This course qualifies for professional development units (PDUs). To view the activity and PDU details for this course, click here.
The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
- What makes big data "big"
- Understanding how big data impacts consumers, businesses, and research
- Exploring the intersection of data science and big data
- Facing big data's ethical challenges
- Understanding the sources and structures of big data
- Storing big data
- Prepping big data for analysis
Skill Level Beginner
What Is Big Data?
2. How Is Big Data used?
3. Big Data and Data Science
4. Ethics in Big Data
Challenges with anonymity5m 51s
5. Sources and Structures of Big Data
6. Storing Big Data
7. Preparing Data for Analysis
8. Big Data Analysis
Next steps1m 58s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.