- View Offline
- Understanding the structure of an HTML or XHTML document
- Creating and using templates
- Controlling white space and line breaks
- Making effective use of tables and frames
- Flowing text around an image
- Formatting tables with CSS
- Creating web pages that work properly across platforms and devices
- Reviewing a case study of a complete web site
Skill Level Beginner
(upbeat piano music) - Hi, I'm Bill Weinman, and welcome to XHTML and HTML Essential Training. In this course, I'll show you how to use XHTML and HTML to create and modify web pages that will work properly across platforms and devices, and continue to work well into the future. We'll start getting you up to speed by reviewing the different versions of XHTML and HTML, so you can choose the version that's right for your project. We'll go over the structure of the document, and how to create and use templates.
We'll cover how to use all the major tags and features, paragraphs and line breaks, phrase elements, font mark up, headings, lists, hyperlinks and URLs, tables, frames, and in-line frames, and when we're done with that, we'll go over basic CSS so you can fine tune the look of your documents. I've targeted this course for web designers and coders who work with XHTML and HTML, either directly or with a Whizzywig editor.
I'm always excited to show both new and experienced designers the best practices to get the job done, and to get it done well. Now, let's get started with XHTML and HTML Essential Training.