Join Steve Heffernan for an in-depth discussion in this video iOS 3 issues, part of HTML5: Video and Audio in Depth.
- View Offline
- Exercise Files
iOS 3 is the version of Apple's iDevice software that shipped with the first…iPad, the iPhone 3, 3GS and iPod Touches from the same time period.…So despite the option to upgrade to iOS 4, there are still a lot of users out…there that have this version.…The first issue is with the poster attribute.…If you include a poster attribute at all, it can cause the video on iOS…3 devices to break.…If you see this happening and want to support your iOS 3 users, you can simply…remove the poster attribute.…That's not really ideal, but it's an easy way around it.…
- Understanding the differences in media formats
- Preloading, autoplaying, and looping in HTML5
- Setting a video's width and height attributes
- Displaying subtitles and captions
- Generating embed code with an embed code builder
- Encoding files using HandBrake, Firefogg, and VLC
- Creating a load progress bar
- Recognizing Android and iOS issues
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Video and Audio Basics
Understanding the format war3m 53s
2. Embedding Video and Audio
3. Falling Back to Alternative Playback Methods
4. Encoding Audio and Video Files
6. Known Issues and Workarounds
7. Audio and Video in the Wild
Further exploration1m 40s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.