Join Bill Weinman for an in-depth discussion in this video Using inline images, part of XHTML and HTML Essential Training.
- View Offline
- Exercise Files
The image tag is an inline tag in XHTML and HTML and this is essentially how it works in a paragraph.…Here we have a paragraph with some text in it and an image in the middle of the text.…So here is the image and you have text before it and text after it, and this is…what it looks like in the paragraph.…This paragraph has an image inline with it.…So that is how an image is used in a paragraph like that.…Let's take a look at the image tag and some of its attributes.…
Here we have the source attribute, which says lynda-24.png that's the file name of the image.…It could also have an entire URL in it with the HTTP and the host name and you…can even load an image off of a different host than the one where the HTML file is.…We'll see examples of that later on.…This is the alt attribute and this is actually required in the specification.…This provides text that will be displayed in the event that the browser cannot…display the image and it's also useful for circumstances where the browser is…not a visual browser where it might be reading text to a blind person or…
- Understanding the structure of an HTML or XHTML document
- Creating and using templates
- Controlling white space and line breaks
- Making effective use of tables and frames
- Flowing text around an image
- Formatting tables with CSS
- Creating web pages that work properly across platforms and devices
- Reviewing a case study of a complete web site
Skill Level Beginner
1. Introducing XHTML and HTML
2. Text Tags
3. Image Tags
Using inline images3m 17s
4. Link Tags
9. Creating a Simple Web Page from Scratch
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.