- Throughout this course we've been using the full version…of the GreenSock Animation Platform.…The script up here is loading the TweenMax.min.js file.…This is the file that includes all of the functionality…from all of the plugins that we were talking about earlier.…Now this TweenMax file, if it's being served from a website,…and it's minified and gzipped,…will be as small as 29 kilobytes.…The non-gzipped version we're working with on our computers…is around 100 kilobytes.…Now, depending on what our animation needs to do,…instead of using the entire library,…we can use individual plugins.…
In this course, Chris Converse shows how to combine GreenSock with HTML, CSS, and a sprite sheet graphic, to create a complete animated banner ad. He'll also introduce techniques for combining animations, rearranging elements, and jumping to specific points in the animation for testing. Plus, find out how to streamline your ad by serving just the files you need—reducing the file size and download speed.
The exercise files are free to all members. Download them and get started building your own project with GreenSock.
- Downloading GSAP
- Creating the ad layout, link, and constraint
- Adding the photos and text
- Animating the artwork
- Setting the ad to fade in on load
- Animating the letters of a headline