Join Bill Weinman for an in-depth discussion in this video Using the exercise files, part of HTML5: Managing Browser History.
If you have access to the exercise files for this course, you can use them to…follow along with the lessons as I present them.…In order to follow along, you'll need to upload these files to a web server, …or install a web server on your working computer.…The technology presented in this course will not work without a web server.…Here in the ExerciseFiles folder you'll find a folder for the lessons in…Chapter 2 of the tutorial.…The files inside this folder are generally organized by movie number, and many…have a -start and -done file as a beginning and ending place for that movie.…
- Manipulating browser history: an overview
- Detecting History API support
- Pushing a new URL onto the stack
- Handling back and forward buttons with the popstate event
- Updating the stack with replaceState()