Google offers a tool for marking up content with microdata. Learn the positives and negatives of this approach.
- Some of you may know that Google offers a Markup Helper, … which will write some of this Microdata Markup for you. … However, there's some drawbacks to this approach. … Let's take a quick peek at this Markup Helper … and see how it works. … In your exercise files, folders, 0105, … in the begin folder, go to the file inside … called Markup.html. … This is our original HTML Markup … from the start of the chapter. … Let's go ahead and highlight it. … And we'll copy it. … And then let's go ahead and take a look … at our Markup Helper. … So this is the Google Structured Data Markup Helper. … Notice here that there's two options, … one is for a website, the other is here for email. … I'm going to talk about the website. … And here we can go ahead and choose the type … of information we're talking about. … In this case, it's a restaurant … so going ahead and scroll down to restaurants. … The first thing you'll notice … about the Structured Data Markup Helper … is that now not every kind of information is listed here. …
- Describing elements with schemas
- Embedding schemas in schemas
- Using the Structured Data Markup Helper
- Making up a document with microdata
- Making up a document with JSON-LD
- Testing your structured markup