- View Offline
- Understanding web video delivery challenges
- Understanding video containers or codecs
- Exploring bitrate
- Creating MP4 and WebM videos
- Using the video tag
- Preloading video
- Working with multiple formats
- Setting up autoplay
Skill Level Beginner
- [Voiceover] Well, hello there! I'm Tom Green, and welcome to Up and Running with HTML5 Video. In this course, we'll take a look at making sense of the confusion that revolves around the subject of HTML5 video, and then move into creating and coding HTML5 video. I'll start by showing you how to create MP4 and WebM videos by using the Adobe Media Encoder CC, and Firefox, which is a great tool for creating WebM video. Then I'm going to show you how to write the code that adds those videos to an HTML5 page.
We'll see how to create poster frames, flash fallback videos, and even how to add third party video players to a webpage. We'll be covering all of these features, plus plenty of other tools and techniques. Now, let's get started with Up and Running with HTML5 Video.