Learn what to do in case you run into a problem during the development process.
- [Male Speaker] Hello and welcome to Video 6.2…In this video, we're gonna discuss about troubleshooting.…During the process of developing an HTML5 game,…you may experience a few bugs…which you'll need to troubleshoot along the way.…Now, in this course, we've talked about…various ways to use the console to debug…and view log commands while you're testing the game.…Now it's usually recommended to use console log…as much as possible during the development of a game…in crucial points of the code which you consider problematic…and may be the source of the bug…you are currently experiencing.…
Now, when we've worked on the game itself,…we've used console log to detect when…the player lost a life, the keyboard was clicked,…a brick was hit, the game started, et cetera.…Now, the console log can be used to see the ball speed…or paddle speed in order to cite specific bugs…which you may not find in another method.…Another thing which you can use to find problems in the code…is to pause the browser in case of exceptions.…
Note: This course was created by Packt Publishing. We are pleased to host this training in our library.
- Playing sounds in various browsers using SoundJS
- Tweening objects using TweenJS
- Creating graphic assets and basic animations
- Game stage creation and object positioning
- Adding the basic game logic
- Add the game physics
- Adding mouse and keyboard controls
- Debugging with breakpoints in Chrome
- Debugging on Android and iOS
- Character movement and input handling
Skill Level Advanced
iOS Game Development with Swift 3 and SpriteKitwith Todd Perkins2h 52m Intermediate
2. Game Outline
3. Game Logic
4. Planning Your Second Game
5. Testing and Debugging the Game
6. Character Movement and Input Handling
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.