It is cumbersome to always start from scratch; this video shows how to lay the foundation for your game with some boilerplate code.
- [Instructor] Hi, there,…and welcome to the next video.…Setting up canvas with CreateJS.…In the last video, we set up…the development environment and the project file structure.…In this video, we will set up the CreateJS library…for the HTML canvas.…We will install the CreateJS library,…and then, include the CreateJS library to the HTML.…Then, we will write some testing code in a game loop,…and test the logic in browser.…
The website of CreateJS is at…CreateJS.com.…On the site, you can find the latest information…and documentation.…The CreateJS bundle come with several libraries…for different pursposes.…The EaselJS is for drawing…flash-like hierarchy in canvas.…The TweenJS is a tool to create in between values…for animation.…The SoundJS is for playing sound easily in web.…
The PreloadJS is for pre-loading assets…before the game loads.…We use the whole bundle in our game.…We can find the CDN version of the code in…code.createjs.com.…Let's continue with the code from our last section.…Open the index.html in code editor.…
Note: This course was created by Packt Publishing. We are pleased to host this training in our library.
- Planning your first game
- Setting up your file structure
- Setting up HTML and JS
- Drawing basic shapes with EaselJS
- Implementing your first game object
- Creating the core game logic
- Adding graphics to your game
- Planning your second game
- Handling obstacle and hero collisions
- Making the hero run and jump
- Adding graphics and animations
- Polishing your final game
Skill Level Beginner
Q: Should the exercise files be run from a server or locally?
A: Please run the exercise files from a server as directed. The files will not work properly if run locally.
iOS Game Development with Swift 3 and SpriteKitwith Todd Perkins2h 52m Intermediate
1. Planning the Count Game
2. Creating the Core Game Logic
3. Polishing the Count Game
4. Planning the Rush Game
5. Moving the Character
6. Collision Detection
7. Building Levels
8. Polishing the Rush Game
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.