Design a responsive HTML email that will adapt to varying screen sizes and render correctly in over 30 different email clients, including Gmail, Outlook, and Yahoo.
- View Offline
- [Voiceover] Hi, I'm Chris Converse, and in this course we're gonna create a responsive HTML e-mail design, featuring a rather complex layout that will adapt to varying screen sizes. Now, considering that older e-mail clients require us to use table-based layouts, I'll show you strategies for making a table-based layout that's responsive. And this technique will render acceptably in over 30 of today's most popular web-based and native-application-based e-mail clients. And another feature of the design that we're gonna build is its ability to gracefully degrade in older e-mail clients. We'll design this with background graphics, rounded corners, and shadows but we'll apply these in such a way that they don't sacrifice the design's integrity if they're not supported in certain e-mail clients.
So, I hope this course sounds interesting to you, and if so, let's get started.
This course was created and produced by Chris Converse. We are honored to host this content in our library.
- Creating the graphics
- Setting up the base layout structure
- Styling the table rows for the headline, banner, etc.
- Creating buttons
- Adding CSS media queries
- Styling the content
- Incorporating animation and web fonts
- Validating your code
- Testing in various email clients