The game's startup isn't optimized for slow internet connections—it could start before all graphics are loaded. Learn how to track the graphics' loading state and begin the game only after all graphics are loaded.
- [Instructor] Hello and welcome back.…In the previous video,…we allowed restarting the game.…In this video, we will use custom web fonts in our game.…We will learn where to find fonts.…We will choose a free to use font in Google fonts.…We we also explore the different common…web font services.…We'll fine tune the text position.…For the web fonts license,…if you own a font license that can be used on the web,…you may use Font Squirrel.…
To create a web font format for it.…Otherwise, we usually used third party web font providers.…They provide different font styles at low prices…or even for free.…We will use a Google font in this example.…Google fonts are all under open source licenses.…Let's take a look at other alternatives before we move on.…If you are subscribed to the Adobe Creative Cloud,…you may choose web fonts from Typekit.…
There are a wide range of fonts to choose from.…Fonts.com also offers a flexible pricing…for high quality web fonts.…You can definitely check whether their fonts fit your needs.…Let's go back to Google font.…
Note: This course was created by Packt Publishing. We are pleased to host this training in our library.
- Planning your first game
- Setting up your file structure
- Setting up HTML and JS
- Drawing basic shapes with EaselJS
- Implementing your first game object
- Creating the core game logic
- Adding graphics to your game
- Planning your second game
- Handling obstacle and hero collisions
- Making the hero run and jump
- Adding graphics and animations
- Polishing your final game
Skill Level Beginner
Q: Should the exercise files be run from a server or locally?
A: Please run the exercise files from a server as directed. The files will not work properly if run locally.
iOS Game Development with Swift 3 and SpriteKitwith Todd Perkins2h 52m Intermediate
1. Planning the Count Game
2. Creating the Core Game Logic
3. Polishing the Count Game
4. Planning the Rush Game
5. Moving the Character
6. Collision Detection
7. Building Levels
8. Polishing the Rush Game
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.