Learn how to detect whether the hero's position overlaps any platform's bounding box.
- [Narrator] Hi there.…Welcome back to the video.…In the last section,…we kick started a new game called Rush.…In this section,…let's make the heroes moves and jumps.…We will handle platforms and avatar collisions.…We build the movable game objects.…Then we apply gravity to the avatar.…And last, we make the avatar runs and jumps.…Let's start with the first video of the section:…handling platforms and hero collisions.…In this video, we handle the collision between…platforms and the hero.…
This is the first thing we need to implement…because we want to make the…hero that stands on the platforms…while we make it fall with gravity.…To understand how we check the bounding box…we need to take a look on the coordinate system…of the hero and each platform.…Here is the bound box setting of the hero and platform.…All our objects have zero, zero point at the top left.…So at first, we check the X to see if there is a platform…near by the avatar.…
We can tell the object is within the platform's…horizontal space.…If the object's X is larger than or equals…
Note: This course was created by Packt Publishing. We are pleased to host this training in our library.
- Planning your first game
- Setting up your file structure
- Setting up HTML and JS
- Drawing basic shapes with EaselJS
- Implementing your first game object
- Creating the core game logic
- Adding graphics to your game
- Planning your second game
- Handling obstacle and hero collisions
- Making the hero run and jump
- Adding graphics and animations
- Polishing your final game
Skill Level Beginner
Q: Should the exercise files be run from a server or locally?
A: Please run the exercise files from a server as directed. The files will not work properly if run locally.
iOS Game Development with Swift 3 and SpriteKitwith Todd Perkins2h 52m Intermediate
1. Planning the Count Game
2. Creating the Core Game Logic
3. Polishing the Count Game
4. Planning the Rush Game
5. Moving the Character
6. Collision Detection
7. Building Levels
8. Polishing the Rush Game
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.