Join James Williamson for an in-depth discussion in this video Microdata and products, part of HTML: Structured Data.
- View Offline
- Exercise Files
- In this chapter we're going to explore…the Microdata syntax…while we markup a typical product detail page.…Although we will be using Microdata for our syntax,…we'll still be using schema.org…for the actual product vocabulary.…Microdata is relatively recent…when compared to Microformats and RDFa.…It was added to the What Working Groups…HTML specification, which we can see here…as a way of adding richer data to HTML content.…It's actually since been split often…to its own W3C specification…and has been adopted by Google, Bing, and Yahoo…as a structured data syntax of choice.…
And as an interesting note,…it's recently overtaken Microformat…and RDFa as the most popular structured data syntax.…And to illustrate that, I'm going to show you a study…done by Web Data Commons,…which we can find at webdatacommons.org…and it's a study on structured data.…So they crawled through about a 160 terabytes of websites.…And if I scroll down,…for the results from 2014,…Microdata, you'll find that in the red.…So Microformats all combined are assorted yellows,…
- Choosing a syntax
- Learning microformats
- Structuring contact data
- Adding contact names, titles, photos, and addresses
- Learning RDFa
- Structuring event data
- Providing event dates
- Adding an event URL
- Learning microdata
- Structuring products
- Setting product pricing
- Adding individual product reviews
- Learning JSON-LD
- Creating a knowledge graph
Skill Level Intermediate
Google Analytics Essential Trainingwith Brad Batesole3h 50m Beginner
1. Introducing Structured Data
2. Marking Up Contacts
3. Marking Up Events
4. Marking Up Products
5. Creating a Knowledge Graph
Additional resources4m 59s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.