The hero stands still on the platform but doesn't move forward. Apply an x velocity to the hero so he will run forward.
- [Instructor] Hi, there.…Welcome back to the video course.…In the last video, we made the collision detection code…to detect any two game objects hitting together.…In our game, we detect the hero against all enemies…to see if they hit together.…In this video, we further improve the collision code…by making the target check against a given collection…of game objects.…We begin with storing all the enemy instances into an array.…
Then, we define a function to check the hero…with an array of game objects.…Lastly, we use the function to…check the hero against enemies.…Let's get started.…Open the game-es6.js file in Code Editor.…In the World class, we create a new array.…Similar to the platforms,…we store the enemy instances into an array.…We use plurals names for array names.…Whenever we create an enemy instance,…we push the instance into the array.…
So, after our enemy creation in the World class,…we push the enemy into the array.…We define a new function that iterates…the given name object collection.…For each object, we check if the target hits…
Note: This course was created by Packt Publishing. We are pleased to host this training in our library.
- Planning your first game
- Setting up your file structure
- Setting up HTML and JS
- Drawing basic shapes with EaselJS
- Implementing your first game object
- Creating the core game logic
- Adding graphics to your game
- Planning your second game
- Handling obstacle and hero collisions
- Making the hero run and jump
- Adding graphics and animations
- Polishing your final game
Skill Level Beginner
Q: Should the exercise files be run from a server or locally?
A: Please run the exercise files from a server as directed. The files will not work properly if run locally.
iOS Game Development with Swift 3 and SpriteKitwith Todd Perkins2h 52m Intermediate
1. Planning the Count Game
2. Creating the Core Game Logic
3. Polishing the Count Game
4. Planning the Rush Game
5. Moving the Character
6. Collision Detection
7. Building Levels
8. Polishing the Rush Game
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.