Create a reward mechanism that allows the player to collect coins.
- [Instructor] Hi, there. Welcome back to the video.…In the last video, we have made the hero runs…by adding x velocity…and playing the running animation.…In this video, we make the hero jump.…We implemented the jump logic,…then we called the jump method…when player presses the mouse.…We also switched the hero's running animation…to jumping animation.…Let's get started.…Open our project in-code editor.…Before making the jump method…we want to only allow jumping…when the hero is standing on any platforms.…
So the hero and more precisely,…the moveable game object,…need to know if it's on any ground.…We can do that by storing a new variable…in moveable game object constructor function.…We add this.isOnGround…and by default,…to be false.…Then we move to the hero class.…Since the hero extends the moveable game object class,…the isOnGround variable is also available…within the hero class.…
We define jump method in the hero class.…What it does is to apply a negative y velocity.…Usually, I do several tests to find a good number.…
Note: This course was created by Packt Publishing. We are pleased to host this training in our library.
- Planning your first game
- Setting up your file structure
- Setting up HTML and JS
- Drawing basic shapes with EaselJS
- Implementing your first game object
- Creating the core game logic
- Adding graphics to your game
- Planning your second game
- Handling obstacle and hero collisions
- Making the hero run and jump
- Adding graphics and animations
- Polishing your final game
Skill Level Beginner
Q: Should the exercise files be run from a server or locally?
A: Please run the exercise files from a server as directed. The files will not work properly if run locally.
iOS Game Development with Swift 3 and SpriteKitwith Todd Perkins2h 52m Intermediate
1. Planning the Count Game
2. Creating the Core Game Logic
3. Polishing the Count Game
4. Planning the Rush Game
5. Moving the Character
6. Collision Detection
7. Building Levels
8. Polishing the Rush Game
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.