Join Bill Weinman for an in-depth discussion in this video Laying out a main menu, part of XHTML and HTML Essential Training.
In this lesson we are going to create this main menu here at the top of the page.…These are the menu links for navigating the site.…You will notice that when I click on one, it changes and it becomes this…other image that's grayed out, and the mouse changes, and it's no longer has…the pointer that will indicate that it's a link, and so for each of these we have two images.…We have the tall gray one and the short ocean colored one with the white…lettering on it and so that's what we'll be creating in this lesson.…
So here's our beginning XHTML file and our beginning CSS and we are going to…go ahead and as we have been in all these lessons, we are going to save this…as with a different name, so that we don't overwrite files in the exercise files.…Save this one as heading.html and this one here, save it as main.css,…because that's how it's referenced in the XHTML file.…And now we'll go ahead here in the XHTML and we'll create the main menu table row.…
And again, we'll have a div inside of that so that we can position it easily,…
- Understanding the structure of an HTML or XHTML document
- Creating and using templates
- Controlling white space and line breaks
- Making effective use of tables and frames
- Flowing text around an image
- Formatting tables with CSS
- Creating web pages that work properly across platforms and devices
- Reviewing a case study of a complete web site
Skill Level Beginner
1. Introducing XHTML and HTML
2. Text Tags
3. Image Tags
Using inline images3m 17s
4. Link Tags
9. Creating a Simple Web Page from Scratch
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.