Join Bill Weinman for an in-depth discussion in this video Introducing forms: part 2, part of XHTML and HTML Essential Training.
Before we finish up with this subject, I just want to talk a little bit about…what happens when you press Send.…Now, in this case you'll see that it's set to Action equals and this URL here.…This URL here is a test script on my server, bw.org is my server, and this is a…test script that's available on my server.…Go ahead and feel free to use this for testing your forms.…It doesn't really use up a lot of resources on my server.…So as long as I'm able to provide that, I will.…When we press Send here, let's go ahead and fill some stuff and you can see what happens.…
I am that, and I am that, and I am that.…And let's see here, Other, something else here,…and "I don't really have any comments to write, …so I won't write anything." There.…When I press Send, it's going to send all of this data in the special CGI format…to that text script on my server and the text script on my server, all it does…is it takes the data that it receives and it displays it on the screen.…
So go ahead and press Send and there we have it.…
- Understanding the structure of an HTML or XHTML document
- Creating and using templates
- Controlling white space and line breaks
- Making effective use of tables and frames
- Flowing text around an image
- Formatting tables with CSS
- Creating web pages that work properly across platforms and devices
- Reviewing a case study of a complete web site
Skill Level Beginner
1. Introducing XHTML and HTML
2. Text Tags
3. Image Tags
Using inline images3m 17s
4. Link Tags
9. Creating a Simple Web Page from Scratch
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.