The game is not challenging enough with only platforms. You can put some obstacles on the platforms to force the hero to jump over them.
- [Narrator] Hi there, welcome back to the video.…In the last video, we implemented logic…to check if the Hero is standing on any platform.…In this video, we extend the GameObject…to define moving logic.…We will begin by extending the GameObject with moving logic.…Then, we'll make the Hero to use the MovableGameObject.…We will also focus the Hero at the center…of the game screen whilst it is moving.…Let's begin at the game+es6.js file in the project.…
We create a new class named MovableGameObject.…It extends GameObject class.…In the constructor, we take two parameters.…The first one is graphic,…which follows the GameObject's constructor.…The second one is a World reference,…which we will need to access…the other GameObjects in the World.…That's because the moving GameObject…will interact with other GameObject.…We call this super with the graphic reference.…Then, we use this.world to store the World reference.…
We also define a velocity object,…which contains both x and y velocity.…For testing purpose, we give them value one.…
Note: This course was created by Packt Publishing. We are pleased to host this training in our library.
- Planning your first game
- Setting up your file structure
- Setting up HTML and JS
- Drawing basic shapes with EaselJS
- Implementing your first game object
- Creating the core game logic
- Adding graphics to your game
- Planning your second game
- Handling obstacle and hero collisions
- Making the hero run and jump
- Adding graphics and animations
- Polishing your final game
Skill Level Beginner
Q: Should the exercise files be run from a server or locally?
A: Please run the exercise files from a server as directed. The files will not work properly if run locally.
iOS Game Development with Swift 3 and SpriteKitwith Todd Perkins2h 52m Intermediate
1. Planning the Count Game
2. Creating the Core Game Logic
3. Polishing the Count Game
4. Planning the Rush Game
5. Moving the Character
6. Collision Detection
7. Building Levels
8. Polishing the Rush Game
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.