- View Offline
- Understanding how geolocation works
- Detecting geolocation support
- Getting coordinates
- Continuous tracking with watchPosition()
- Integrating geolocation with Google Maps
Skill Level Intermediate
- [Voiceover] Hi, I"m Bill Weinman and I'd like to welcome you to HTML5 Geolocation In Depth. In this course we look at the HTML5 Geolocation application programming interface, including how Geolocation works, how to get one time and continuous position data. I'll also show you a complete working example that uses HTML5 Geolocation to display a continuously updating map using the Google Map API. The HTML5 Geolocation API provides a simple and effective interface that you can use to create location aware web applications that will run on many desktop and mobile browsers.
Learn how to use this new technology in HTML5 Geolocation In Depth.