Join Steve Heffernan for an in-depth discussion in this video Encoding MP4/H.264 video with HandBrake, part of HTML5: Video and Audio in Depth.
- View Offline
- Exercise Files
To encode our MP4 H.264 video files we are going to be using HandBrake.…HandBrake is a free application built on open source encoding tools and you can…get it at the Web address handbrake.fr.…To download it you can click on the Download link and the appropriate…version for your system.…When you open HandBrake you'll be prompted to select a video and we're going…to use our source file, which is in or Exercise folder and _video and it's our podcast.mov.…That's our source file, so I am going to open that up.…
Okay, now the first thing you want to do is click on the iPhone and iPod Touch preset.…Now if this Preset window isn't open you can toggle it with the button in the…upper right-hand corner.…I'll click on the iPhone & iPod Touch preset and what that does is trigger a…number of basic settings including the baseline profile for H.264.…There are three H.264 profiles.…Baseline, main and high.…The iPhone3 and 3GS as well as the number of other devices require the baseline…profile to playback the video.…
- Understanding the differences in media formats
- Preloading, autoplaying, and looping in HTML5
- Setting a video's width and height attributes
- Displaying subtitles and captions
- Generating embed code with an embed code builder
- Encoding files using HandBrake, Firefogg, and VLC
- Creating a load progress bar
- Recognizing Android and iOS issues
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Video and Audio Basics
Understanding the format war3m 53s
2. Embedding Video and Audio
3. Falling Back to Alternative Playback Methods
4. Encoding Audio and Video Files
6. Known Issues and Workarounds
7. Audio and Video in the Wild
Further exploration1m 40s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.