- [Instructor] Description lists,…which were referred to prior to HTML5 as definition lists,…are lists that consist of two parts for each item.…That's a term and a description.…Because their syntax is so flexible,…many authors don't really fully understand…what description lists can do.…That's a shame because they really are one of the most…flexible semantic elements in all of HTML.…So, to show off a little bit of what…description lists can do,…I've opened up description.htm and the 06_03 folder.…
Now, just to kind of preview for you what's going on here,…we're going to have three description lists…that we're going to do.…We're gonna do a basic one, one with multiple terms,…and one with multiple definitions.…If I were to preview this right now in the browser,…whew, doesn't look like much is going on there.…And that's because,…inside each one of these headings, we just have some text…that we need to group inside of these lists.…So let's start with a basic description list so you can…sort of see the overall syntax of a description list,…
- Why is HTML important?
- Exploring an HTML document
- Formatting content
- Displaying images
- Using nav, article, and div elements
- Linking to pages and downloadable content
- Creating lists
- Controlling styling (fonts, colors, and more)
- Writing basic scripts
Skill Level Beginner
1. Introducing HTML
2. Basic Page Structure
3. Formatting Page Content
4. Structuring Content
5. Creating Links
6. Creating Lists
7. Controlling Styling
8. Basic Scripting
Next steps2m 16s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.