How can you debug the game once you run it on an iOS device?
- [Male Speaker] Hello and welcome to Video 5.5…In this video, we're gonna discuss…about debugging on iOS devices.…We're gonna use an iPad…and we're gonna need to connect it to a Mac,…because only using a Mac, you can debug an iOS device.…So first of all, I'll show you the screenshots…of what needs to be done on the iPad beforehand.…Go to the Settings menu on the iPad…and choose Safari, like in the image displayed here.…On the right side, you'll see an Advanced button.…Click it and you'll get the following menu.…
As you can see, there's an option called Web Inspector.…Upon choosing it, you'll be able to debug…your iOS device from a desktop Mac computer.…So turn on the Web Inspector like displayed…in this screenshot,…and now we'll move to the Mac.…Now, in order to start the debugging session,…we'll need to use a Mac.…This cannot be done on a Windows computer,…so we'll switch to our Mac computer.…I will connect the iPad…using USB to the Mac.…We'll open a Safari browser…and then we'll go to the Safari Preferences.…
Note: This course was created by Packt Publishing. We are pleased to host this training in our library.
- Playing sounds in various browsers using SoundJS
- Tweening objects using TweenJS
- Creating graphic assets and basic animations
- Game stage creation and object positioning
- Adding the basic game logic
- Add the game physics
- Adding mouse and keyboard controls
- Debugging with breakpoints in Chrome
- Debugging on Android and iOS
- Character movement and input handling
Skill Level Advanced
iOS Game Development with Swift 3 and SpriteKitwith Todd Perkins2h 52m Intermediate
2. Game Outline
3. Game Logic
4. Planning Your Second Game
5. Testing and Debugging the Game
6. Character Movement and Input Handling
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.