Detecting collisions between the hero and platform or the hero and obstacles is similar—you can create that code as a generic collision-detection method.
- [Instructor] Hello and welcome to video 5.4.…In this video we're gonna discuss about…testing and debugging on Android devices.…Now the first thing I am going to do is…I'm going to open our game in Chrome on an Android device.…So I have to make sure that I'm opening the game…using the Chrome browser and not the stock browser…on the device itself.…
Now you should go on your Android device,…go to developer options,…and enable USB debugging.…Now you can connect the device using USB to your computer.…After doing that, you can go to the Chrome inspect URL…which shows you the devices which are currently connected…to your computer and can be debugged using Chrome debugging.…So as you can see here, I don't have any device…linked to my computer so I'm going to connect it now.…
Now as you can see, the device was detected in this tab…and it states that my LG device has Chrome running…and with one tab open,…which has the URL of the game we created.…Now if I click inspect, a new pop up will appear…which will show me an exact duplicate of what the screen…
Note: This course was created by Packt Publishing. We are pleased to host this training in our library.
- Playing sounds in various browsers using SoundJS
- Tweening objects using TweenJS
- Creating graphic assets and basic animations
- Game stage creation and object positioning
- Adding the basic game logic
- Add the game physics
- Adding mouse and keyboard controls
- Debugging with breakpoints in Chrome
- Debugging on Android and iOS
- Character movement and input handling
Skill Level Advanced
iOS Game Development with Swift 3 and SpriteKitwith Todd Perkins2h 52m Intermediate
2. Game Outline
3. Game Logic
4. Planning Your Second Game
5. Testing and Debugging the Game
6. Character Movement and Input Handling
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.