Join Bill Weinman for an in-depth discussion in this video Creating a page containing video, part of XHTML and HTML Essential Training.
In this lesson, we're going to create the Videos page and this is really the…final page of our website.…You'll notice that this has an embedded YouTube video in it and as I wave…my mouse over these things, you get all the little Flash doodads that YouTube embeds.…So we'll learn how to do that.…It's very easy to do.…It provides free hosting for your videos and all kinds of features that would be…difficult to provide on your own.…So it's a very popular way to embed videos in a webpage these days.…So this is our Videos page and this is what it will look like when we're done.…
So, let's get started.…Here in our text editor we have the template file and you'll notice this is in…the Videos folder under the Exercise Files.…So here's our template, here's our beginning.css and here's our text file.…So we'll go ahead and start with our Save As, save as videos.html and we'll save…our CSS as main.css.…
The videos.txt we do not need to save as anything because we're not going to…write to it. We're just going to be reading from it.…
- Understanding the structure of an HTML or XHTML document
- Creating and using templates
- Controlling white space and line breaks
- Making effective use of tables and frames
- Flowing text around an image
- Formatting tables with CSS
- Creating web pages that work properly across platforms and devices
- Reviewing a case study of a complete web site
Skill Level Beginner
1. Introducing XHTML and HTML
2. Text Tags
3. Image Tags
Using inline images3m 17s
4. Link Tags
9. Creating a Simple Web Page from Scratch
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.