Join Bill Weinman for an in-depth discussion in this video Creating a layout template: footer content, part of XHTML and HTML Essential Training.
- View Offline
- Exercise Files
We are going to be calling it template. html and we'll actually have our work in…template at the end of this lesson.…The css will be main.css. There we go.…Now, down at the bottom of the template, we're going to put in the text for the…footer and it's like this.…It actually goes outside of that table.…The paragraph itself has an id="footer".…
Inside the paragraph we're going to have our copyright notice.…That's an XHTML entity for the copyright symbol.…Now I'm putting in a couple of non-breaking spaces here.…The purpose of that is to give a little bit of space between the Groundswell Surf…
- Understanding the structure of an HTML or XHTML document
- Creating and using templates
- Controlling white space and line breaks
- Making effective use of tables and frames
- Flowing text around an image
- Formatting tables with CSS
- Creating web pages that work properly across platforms and devices
- Reviewing a case study of a complete web site
Skill Level Beginner
1. Introducing XHTML and HTML
2. Text Tags
3. Image Tags
Using inline images3m 17s
4. Link Tags
9. Creating a Simple Web Page from Scratch
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.