- [Instructor] In this chapter, my goal is to introduce…you to CSS and some of it's basic concepts.…CSS is a huge topic, so there's no way that I can…teach you cascading style sheets in a single chapter.…I mean, we have dozens of courses on it.…However, I do want to go through the basics of it.…Basic syntax, how it's applied, those sorts of things.…So, I wanna start in this exercise,…by talking about inline styles.…How they're written, and then when they're…appropriate to use.…So I'll be working in inline.htm, which is found in…the 07_02 directory.…
As you can see, this is a very simple file.…We only have two elements on the page.…We have heading one, and we have a heading two.…And you can see the heading two is…telling us to do something.…It's saying, "Style me using the style attribute".…Okay.…So, inline styles are styles that are written directly…inline in your HTML and they're applied usually…to a single element.…So in this case, for the H2,…if I open it up and apply a style attribute,…I can now write any CSS formatting that I want.…
- Why is HTML important?
- Exploring an HTML document
- Formatting content
- Displaying images
- Using nav, article, and div elements
- Linking to pages and downloadable content
- Creating lists
- Controlling styling (fonts, colors, and more)
- Writing basic scripts
Skill Level Beginner
1. Introducing HTML
2. Basic Page Structure
3. Formatting Page Content
4. Structuring Content
5. Creating Links
6. Creating Lists
7. Controlling Styling
8. Basic Scripting
Next steps2m 16s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.