Creating an Adaptive Web Site for Multiple Screens
This course demonstrates how to build a web site that automatically adapts its layout to various screen sizes, orientations, and resolutions. Ray Villalobos shows how designers and developers can create a single HTML document and customize its display for desktop browsers and mobile devices such as the iPhone, Android phones, and tablets. The course covers creating a basic HTML5 structure and using reset templates, and styling the site with CSS.
- Setting up testing servers and emulators
- Creating and formatting a site template
- Using free Google fonts
- Preparing graphics
- Creating style sheets
- Loading external pages with AJAX
- Creating mobile tabs
- Detecting mobile devices
- Testing and debugging site code
- [Voiceover] Hello, my name is Ray Villalobos. Welcome to Creating and Adaptive Web Site for Multiple Screens. In this course, we'll be designing a single website, which will adapt to display differently on different types of devices: desktops, handhelds, and tablets. We'll start by designing and customizing a series of interactive webpages that display on a desktop. We'll take a look at how to load pages and other content dynamically using jQuery and AJAX. Next, we'll look at how to customize the site's layout for handheld devices like iPhone and Android.
We'll also cover how to deal with problems and inconsistencies that pop up when displaying the site on different devices. Finally, we'll make coding and design adjustments to make the pages work well on tablet devices. Now, let's get started with Creating an Adaptive Web Site for Multiple Screens.
HTML5 Projects: Creating an Advanced Responsive Presentation56,549 Views
Create a Sliding Tabbed Panel with jQuery68,537 Views
HTML5 Projects: Creating Surveys54,605 Views
Create Animated Rollovers with jQuery42,905 Views
CSS: Formatting Visual Data84,454 Views
Illustrator CC 2013 One-on-One: Fundamentals1,633,291 Views
PHP with MySQL Essential Training3,907,848 Views
iOS 8 App Development with Swift 1 Essential Training999,394 Views
Illustrator CC 2013 One-on-One: Mastery286,020 Views