- [Instructor] Although there is simply no way to show…everything that CSS is capable of in a single chapter,…I do want to give you an idea of some of the options…that you have when styling elements on your page.…We're gonna start by exploring some of the things…you can control around typography.…So I have the type.htm file open from the 07_04,…and just to give you an idea of what's going on…on this page, we have a heading one at the top,…we have a couple of paragraphs, they go on to describe…some of the aspects of how HTML and CSS work together.…
So I advise you to kind of read through that text,…because I tried to go a little bit more in-depth…with some of the exercise files in terms of the text of it,…so read through them, there's some good stuff in there.…Okay, so above that, in the head of our document,…we can see that we already have the style element,…we see that we have the single rule set on the body element…that's setting the width of the body to 70%…and a margin to zero and auto,…which is kind of a weird selector.…
- Why is HTML important?
- Exploring an HTML document
- Formatting content
- Displaying images
- Using nav, article, and div elements
- Linking to pages and downloadable content
- Creating lists
- Controlling styling (fonts, colors, and more)
- Writing basic scripts
Skill Level Beginner
1. Introducing HTML
2. Basic Page Structure
3. Formatting Page Content
4. Structuring Content
5. Creating Links
6. Creating Lists
7. Controlling Styling
8. Basic Scripting
Next steps2m 16s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.