Join James Williamson for an in-depth discussion in this video Checking your Knowledge Graph, part of HTML: Structured Data.
- View Offline
- Exercise Files
- Now that our knowledge graph is finished,…it's time to check it to make sure the data…is gonna be parsed the way we want it to.…Now we're actually gonna start off using…the JSON-LD Playground to test it,…and then we're gonna use Google's…Structured Data Testing Tool.…I have the index file from the 05_06 directory opened up,…and I'm just gonna go ahead…and copy all of our JSON-LD notation.…Now notice that I'm not adding script tag.…I just need what's in the curly brackets there.…I'm gonna go ahead and copy that.…
And then I wanna go out to the website, jason-ld.org,…and click on this Playground link.…This is gonna take me to this view,…which allows me to input JSON-LD markup right there.…I'm just gonna place my cursor there, and paste it.…Now if I scroll down, I can see sort of this expanded list…of how the data is gonna be parsed,…and I can even check out additional views…like this Normalized view.…It tells me exactly what's being pulled out of it.…Now, I wish this was structured a little bit better.…You can kinda tell this site is made for developers,…
- Choosing a syntax
- Learning microformats
- Structuring contact data
- Adding contact names, titles, photos, and addresses
- Learning RDFa
- Structuring event data
- Providing event dates
- Adding an event URL
- Learning microdata
- Structuring products
- Setting product pricing
- Adding individual product reviews
- Learning JSON-LD
- Creating a knowledge graph
Skill Level Intermediate
Google Analytics Essential Trainingwith Brad Batesole3h 50m Beginner
1. Introducing Structured Data
2. Marking Up Contacts
3. Marking Up Events
4. Marking Up Products
5. Creating a Knowledge Graph
Additional resources4m 59s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.