Join Steve Heffernan for an in-depth discussion in this video Autobuffer or preload?, part of HTML5: Video and Audio in Depth.
- View Offline
- Exercise Files
At one point in the history of the HTML5 video spec there was an attribute…called auto buffer.…This was the predecessor to the preload attribute and did basically the…same thing, except auto buffer was a binary attribute while preload has…three possible values.…While auto buffer was in the spec, many browsers implemented it.…User browsers like Firefox 2.5 and Safari 3 and 4,. So older versions, but they…still exists among users today which means we have some browsers looking for the…auto buffer attribute while others are looking for the preload attribute.…
- Understanding the differences in media formats
- Preloading, autoplaying, and looping in HTML5
- Setting a video's width and height attributes
- Displaying subtitles and captions
- Generating embed code with an embed code builder
- Encoding files using HandBrake, Firefogg, and VLC
- Creating a load progress bar
- Recognizing Android and iOS issues
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Video and Audio Basics
Understanding the format war3m 53s
2. Embedding Video and Audio
3. Falling Back to Alternative Playback Methods
4. Encoding Audio and Video Files
6. Known Issues and Workarounds
7. Audio and Video in the Wild
Further exploration1m 40s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.