Join Steve Heffernan for an in-depth discussion in this video Android 2.0 issues, part of HTML5: Video and Audio in Depth.
- View Offline
- Exercise Files
Including the type attribute is good for browsers, but if your Android users are…complaining you can remove the type attribute to help it work.…Finally, the can play type function of the video element doesn't work…correctly on Android.…We didn't use it in our player, but if you're doing anything where you need to…ask the browser if it can play a certain type of file, you're out of luck with Android.…
- Understanding the differences in media formats
- Preloading, autoplaying, and looping in HTML5
- Setting a video's width and height attributes
- Displaying subtitles and captions
- Generating embed code with an embed code builder
- Encoding files using HandBrake, Firefogg, and VLC
- Creating a load progress bar
- Recognizing Android and iOS issues
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Video and Audio Basics
Understanding the format war3m 53s
2. Embedding Video and Audio
3. Falling Back to Alternative Playback Methods
4. Encoding Audio and Video Files
6. Known Issues and Workarounds
7. Audio and Video in the Wild
Further exploration1m 40s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.