Join James Williamson for an in-depth discussion in this video Adding notes, part of HTML: Structured Data.
- One of the great things about the microformat syntax…is that all of the properties that you choose…to use in it are optional.…Now this is a pretty stark difference…with other structured data formats,…where certain properties are required…in order for them to parse properly.…So that amount of flexibility allows you…really to add as little or as much detail as you want.…So in this exercise, we're gonna take a look…at adding the Note property which allows us…to add a brief note about the contact.…Again, it's not required, but when you have that level…of detail, it's kind of nice to pass that along.…
Right, so what is a Note?…Well if we take a look at the employee spotlight…for Angela Hashton and we scroll down a little bit,…I can see that there are two,…sort of descriptive paragraphs about her.…The first one gives some general background information…as to how long she's been with the company,…what she does there, kind of some of her strengths…and things that she's done while she's been at the company.…The second paragraph was a little bit more personal.…
- Choosing a syntax
- Learning microformats
- Structuring contact data
- Adding contact names, titles, photos, and addresses
- Learning RDFa
- Structuring event data
- Providing event dates
- Adding an event URL
- Learning microdata
- Structuring products
- Setting product pricing
- Adding individual product reviews
- Learning JSON-LD
- Creating a knowledge graph
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Introducing Structured Data
2. Marking Up Contacts
3. Marking Up Events
4. Marking Up Products
5. Creating a Knowledge Graph
Additional resources4m 59s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.