Add mouse controls.
- Hello, and welcome to section four Game Logic Part 2.…In the previous section we've mainly focused…on the game stage and basic physics of the game.…In this section, we'll focus more on the user interaction.…Welcome to Video 4.1 Add Mouse Controls.…In this video we're gonna discuss about…capturing the mouse movement events.…Moving the paddle according to mouse location.…
And limiting the paddle movement…in case the cursor goes outside of the stage.…If you recall in the previous section…we added the physics engine and we've created the stage…with the bricks above and the paddle below…and the ball in the middle.…Now what we want to do is add some interaction to the game.…So that the player will be able to move the paddle…so that he will be able to catch the ball,…and avoid dropping it below the stage.…So this is the game in our current state.…
Every time the game starts,…the ball starts moving automatically…and we don't have any interaction with the game itself.…In order to make the game more user friendly…what we're gonna do, is we're gonna stop the ball…
Note: This course was created by Packt Publishing. We are pleased to host this training in our library.
- Playing sounds in various browsers using SoundJS
- Tweening objects using TweenJS
- Creating graphic assets and basic animations
- Game stage creation and object positioning
- Adding the basic game logic
- Add the game physics
- Adding mouse and keyboard controls
- Debugging with breakpoints in Chrome
- Debugging on Android and iOS
- Character movement and input handling