Use a CSS background and the createjs bitmap class to integrate graphics into the game.
- [Instructor] Hi there and welcome back…to the video course.…We had created a new animation in the last video…for the game over view.…In this video we will implement…the restart logic of our game.…We refactor our code to move the initialization logic…into a restart game method.…We handle the restart button when we attach game over view.…Then, we call the restart game method on click.…In the game class we only init the game in the constructor.…
But we need to regenerate the boxes.…So we create a restart game method.…In the method we set the game data.…Then we remove all the game objects on the stage.…After that, we move the background and boxes…generation calling to the end of this method.…After we show the game over scene…we wait for the user to tap the restart button.…We need to handle the click of that button too.…When it is clicked we call the app class…to restart the game.…
It'll reset the data and generate new numbered boxes.…Note we need to bind to this again.…Otherwise the inside the click handler points to…
Note: This course was created by Packt Publishing. We are pleased to host this training in our library.
- Planning your first game
- Setting up your file structure
- Setting up HTML and JS
- Drawing basic shapes with EaselJS
- Implementing your first game object
- Creating the core game logic
- Adding graphics to your game
- Planning your second game
- Handling obstacle and hero collisions
- Making the hero run and jump
- Adding graphics and animations
- Polishing your final game
Skill Level Beginner
Q: Should the exercise files be run from a server or locally?
A: Please run the exercise files from a server as directed. The files will not work properly if run locally.
iOS Game Development with Swift 3 and SpriteKitwith Todd Perkins2h 52m Intermediate
1. Planning the Count Game
2. Creating the Core Game Logic
3. Polishing the Count Game
4. Planning the Rush Game
5. Moving the Character
6. Collision Detection
7. Building Levels
8. Polishing the Rush Game
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.