Join James Williamson for an in-depth discussion in this video Adding an event URL, part of HTML: Structured Data.
- When using structured data, Google always recommends…adding an event URL for all of your events.…It helps provide additional information and it allows them…to crawl the event site to check the relevance of it…and to ensure that the event information is legit.…Thankfully, this is incredibly easy to do,…as long as your event actually has a dedicated site.…And, you can see by looking at the index page…here in the browser that our event…does have a dedicated site, hplusruns.org…Now, of course that's not a real site,…but hey, this is just an exercise, right?…So, going back into the schema.org page for events,…I'm looking for that sort of URL or link property.…
I'm not going to find it in the events properties,…I'm going to find it in the properties…that is inherited from thing.…And, there's actually three properties here,…that could work for us.…One is mainEntityOfPage,…the second one is sameAs,…and the third one is url…you're seeing down there at the bottom.…And, these can be a little confusing,…so let's talk about the differences between these three.…
- Choosing a syntax
- Learning microformats
- Structuring contact data
- Adding contact names, titles, photos, and addresses
- Learning RDFa
- Structuring event data
- Providing event dates
- Adding an event URL
- Learning microdata
- Structuring products
- Setting product pricing
- Adding individual product reviews
- Learning JSON-LD
- Creating a knowledge graph
Skill Level Advanced
1. Introducing Structured Data
2. Marking Up Contacts
3. Marking Up Events
4. Marking Up Products
5. Creating a Knowledge Graph
Additional resources4m 59s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.