The font face doesn't match the pixel art style of the game. Learn how to create a web font and then use it in the game.
- [Voiceover] Hello and welcome back to the video course.…In the previous video, we looked at using…a Google font face in our game.…In this video, we will add some sound effects to the game.…We will create sound effects and discover how to find them.…Then, we'll convert the files into…a browser compatible format and use them in the game,…but also save the audio files in code.…There are different options for obtaining sound effects.…
We can record them ourselves with a microphone.…Sounds that we hear in our surroundings are useful.…For example, knocking different objects on the table,…closing doors, dropping a coin.…These sounds effects can be useful…in different game scenarios.…We can also buy royalty-free effects from online markets.…For example, Audiojungle offers a wide range…of sound effects and background music loops.…I, personally, like to generate sound effects…with the BFXR tool.…
You may find the tool at the following url:…www.bfxr.net.…Let's visit the page, download it, and launch the app.…On the left app, you can see some predefined categories…
Note: This course was created by Packt Publishing. We are pleased to host this training in our library.
- Planning your first game
- Setting up your file structure
- Setting up HTML and JS
- Drawing basic shapes with EaselJS
- Implementing your first game object
- Creating the core game logic
- Adding graphics to your game
- Planning your second game
- Handling obstacle and hero collisions
- Making the hero run and jump
- Adding graphics and animations
- Polishing your final game
Skill Level Beginner
Q: Should the exercise files be run from a server or locally?
A: Please run the exercise files from a server as directed. The files will not work properly if run locally.
iOS Game Development with Swift 3 and SpriteKitwith Todd Perkins2h 52m Intermediate
1. Planning the Count Game
2. Creating the Core Game Logic
3. Polishing the Count Game
4. Planning the Rush Game
5. Moving the Character
6. Collision Detection
7. Building Levels
8. Polishing the Rush Game
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.