Join James Williamson for an in-depth discussion in this video Adding color, part of HTML Essential Training.
- [Instructor] Aside from controlling the formatting…of typography, controlling the color of elements…on the page is probably the most common part…of basic page styling.…Let's take a look at ways that we can control color…through using CSS.…To do that, we will use the aptly named color dot htm file…found in the zero seven underscore zero five directory,…and if I scroll down I can see that it's pretty much…the same page that we just left, so we're kind of…picking up right where we left off.…There is a new rule up top, it's the HTML rule,…and that showcases one of the really interesting things…that I find about CSS, there really isn't an element…that you can't style.…
that you can't style.…So remember, the HTML is sort of the large parent tag.…Well, some browsers recognize that as having intrinsic…properties, so it's not a bad idea to go ahead and strip…out things like margin and padding so that your spacing…is consistent throughout all sites.…Well, we're gonna use this to apply some color.…So if I go up to HTML, and I choose background dash color,…
- Why is HTML important?
- Exploring an HTML document
- Formatting content
- Displaying images
- Using nav, article, and div elements
- Linking to pages and downloadable content
- Creating lists
- Controlling styling (fonts, colors, and more)
- Writing basic scripts
Skill Level Beginner
1. Introducing HTML
2. Basic Page Structure
3. Formatting Page Content
4. Structuring Content
5. Creating Links
6. Creating Lists
7. Controlling Styling
8. Basic Scripting
Next steps2m 16s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.