Your tiles are not yet clickable. Learn how to make the tiles clickable and remove a tile when it is clicked.
- Hi there, and welcome back to the video course.…In the last video, we added the numbered box to the stage.…In this video, we will add the tap event on the boxes.…We detect the clicking on boxes…and remove them from the stage,…once the player clicks or taps on it.…Since we are handling the click,…we have two places to choose to handle the logic.…We can handle the logic inside the numbered box,…or we can handle the tap logic in the game flow controller,…which is our game class in this example.…
In the numbered box game object, we need to change…the parameter to take the game instance…so that each numbered box object can communicate…with its parent object.…In the game class, when we create instance of numbered box…we adjust the new calling by pressing the this also,…which is the reference of the game.…In the numbered box game object, we handle the click event…and let the parent app flow to control…how to handle the click.…
The reason that we need this method…is to allow customization local logic during the click…
Note: This course was created by Packt Publishing. We are pleased to host this training in our library.
- Planning your first game
- Setting up your file structure
- Setting up HTML and JS
- Drawing basic shapes with EaselJS
- Implementing your first game object
- Creating the core game logic
- Adding graphics to your game
- Planning your second game
- Handling obstacle and hero collisions
- Making the hero run and jump
- Adding graphics and animations
- Polishing your final game
Skill Level Beginner
Q: Should the exercise files be run from a server or locally?
A: Please run the exercise files from a server as directed. The files will not work properly if run locally.
iOS Game Development with Swift 3 and SpriteKitwith Todd Perkins2h 52m Intermediate
1. Planning the Count Game
2. Creating the Core Game Logic
3. Polishing the Count Game
4. Planning the Rush Game
5. Moving the Character
6. Collision Detection
7. Building Levels
8. Polishing the Rush Game
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.