Join Bill Weinman for an in-depth discussion in this video About the bwH5.js library, part of HTML5: Managing Browser History.
- View Offline
This is used as an alias for document.getElementById, and it's really just a shortcut.…There are functions for testing for some common HTML5 APIs,…there is a function for displaying errors and a function for displaying status…messages, and there is the bwTable class that's not actually used in this…course but is used in some of my other courses to display tabular information.…Feel free to copy this library and modify it for use in your own projects.…
- Manipulating browser history: an overview
- Detecting History API support
- Pushing a new URL onto the stack
- Handling back and forward buttons with the popstate event
- Updating the stack with replaceState()