- View Offline
- Implementing well-defined web standards
- Working with Modernizr and Mobile Boilerplate
- Building a first mobile web page
- Understanding content adaptation strategies
- Designing forms for mobile
- Detecting client capabilities with script
- Using server-side detection with PHP and ASP.NET
- Working with mobile browser capabilities
- Viewing and testing the mobile site on device emulators
Skill Level Beginner
- Hi, I'm Joe Marini, and I'd like to welcome you to Mobile Web Design and Development Fundamentals. In this course, I'll show you how to build compelling, easy-to-use websites that are optimized for today's mobile devices. I'll start by identifying the differences between the mobile context and the desktop context, and how those differences should influence web design decisions. I'll talk about coding, and interface design techniques for building websites that work well on today's and tomorrow's mobile web browsers. I'll show you how to use some of the latest features of HTML5 and CSS3, such as geolocation, local storage, and media queries, to build a modern mobile web experience.
Finally, I'll finish with a practical example, taking an existing website and making it work well on mobile devices. I hope you're ready to get started building websites optimized for Windows Phone, Android, iPhone, Blackberry, Opera Mobile, and more, with Mobile Web Design and Development Fundamentals.