Mobile Web Design & Development Fundamentals
This course surveys the core principles and techniques essential to building web sites for mobile devices. Author Joe Marini introduces the mobile context, sheds light on its unique coding requirements, and discusses interface design techniques that enhance existing sites for mobile viewing. The course shows how to approach designing for mobile form factors such as smaller screens and finger-based interaction, along with how to incorporate CSS3 and HTML5 capabilities, such as geolocation, local storage, and media queries.
- Implementing well-defined web standards
- Working with Modernizr and Mobile Boilerplate
- Building a first mobile web page
- Understanding content adaptation strategies
- Designing forms for mobile
- Detecting client capabilities with script
- Using server-side detection with PHP and ASP.NET
- Working with mobile browser capabilities
- Viewing and testing the mobile site on device emulators
- Hi, I'm Joe Marini, and I'd like to welcome you to Mobile Web Design and Development Fundamentals. In this course, I'll show you how to build compelling, easy-to-use websites that are optimized for today's mobile devices. I'll start by identifying the differences between the mobile context and the desktop context, and how those differences should influence web design decisions. I'll talk about coding, and interface design techniques for building websites that work well on today's and tomorrow's mobile web browsers. I'll show you how to use some of the latest features of HTML5 and CSS3, such as geolocation, local storage, and media queries, to build a modern mobile web experience.
Finally, I'll finish with a practical example, taking an existing website and making it work well on mobile devices. I hope you're ready to get started building websites optimized for Windows Phone, Android, iPhone, Blackberry, Opera Mobile, and more, with Mobile Web Design and Development Fundamentals.
Applied Responsive Design345,657 Views
Up and Running with PhoneGap Build300,081 Views
Foundations of Programming: Web Services572,218 Views
Creating a Responsive Web Experience171,071 Views
Foundations of UX: Information Architecture297,703 Views
PHP with MySQL Essential Training4,283,533 Views
HTML Essential Training3,833,338 Views
Foundations of Programming: Fundamentals7,772,051 Views