- View Offline
- Understanding the benefits of accessibility and SEO
- Evaluating screen readers for Windows and Mac
- Installing browser development tools
- Comparing sites that are SEO-friendly and SEO-unfriendly
- Defining a language for a page
- Creating better semantic markup with HTML5
- Marking up images and links properly
- Creating an accessible menu with an unordered list
Skill Level Intermediate
Hello, my name is Morten Rand-Hendriksen and welcome to Improving SEO Using Accessibility Techniques. Traditionally, accessibility meant building websites that were accessible by everyone including people with visual or other impairments but with the introduction of a whole new range of devices accessibility is now more important than ever. Building a website with accessibility in mind improves the find-ability and share-ability of your website on search engines and social networks and in this course that's exactly what we'll do.
We'll start by working on the page header to provide accurate and descriptive information to browsers, search engines, and social networks. We'll look at proper markup when it comes to links, images, and lists and we'll build accessible menus, both single-level menus and drop-down menus. Accessibility and SEO can be a powerful duo. It's time to harness that power so let's get started with Improving SEO Using Accessibility Techniques.