- View Offline
- Exercise Files
- Understanding the differences in media formats
- Preloading, autoplaying, and looping in HTML5
- Setting a video's width and height attributes
- Displaying subtitles and captions
- Generating embed code with an embed code builder
- Encoding files using HandBrake, Firefogg, and VLC
- Creating a load progress bar
- Recognizing Android and iOS issues
Skill Level Intermediate
- Hi, I'm Steve Heffernan and I'm a web, front-end developer specializing in web and mobile video. Welcome to HTML5 video and audio in-depth. In this course, I'll introduce you to using HTML5 video and audio on your own sites. Just like we're doing here. We'll start with a background on HTML5 video, and where it's at today. And we'll cover everything from using the new video and audio tags, to creating the specific file formats that we'll need. Including the ones that you see below here. And we'll even create our own custom controls, using the Java Script API.
HTML5 is an exciting step forward for web media. I'm looking forward to telling you all about it. So, let's get started.
1. Video and Audio Basics
Understanding the format war3m 53s
2. Embedding Video and Audio
3. Falling Back to Alternative Playback Methods
4. Encoding Audio and Video Files
6. Known Issues and Workarounds
7. Audio and Video in the Wild
Further exploration1m 40s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.