- View Offline
- Manipulating browser history: an overview
- Detecting History API support
- Pushing a new URL onto the stack
- Handling back and forward buttons with the popstate event
- Updating the stack with replaceState()
Skill Level Intermediate
- [Voiceover] Hi, I'm Bill Weinman, and I'd like to welcome you to HTML5 Managing Browser History. In this course we'll look at the HTML5 Session History application programming interface, including how to push History items onto the stack, how to modify the current History item, and how to use History events to update items on your page when a user presses the back and forward buttons. I'll also show you a complete working application that uses the HTML5 Session History API to build a simple photo viewer demonstrating real-world usage of the Session History API, and putting your knowledge to work.
Learn how to use this new technology in HTML5 Managing Browser History.