HTML5: Local Storage and Offline Applications in Depth
This course describes how to save application data such as preferences or form data in the client's browser and use it in applications, including those run offline. Author and programmer Bill Weinman covers the various local storage options provided in HTML5, including local storage, session storage, and the Web SQL and Indexed Database APIs, with practical examples that show how to create and maintain a database in each scenario. The course also covers the use of storage events for change tracking and the cache manifest for using web applications offline.
- Understanding storage components of the HTML5 architecture
- Providing client-side storage
- Understanding the Storage() interface
- Keeping context with sessionStorage
- Understanding the Web SQL and Indexed Database APIs
- Creating a local storage database
- Reading, writing, editing, and deleting storage data
- Handling storage events with local storage
- Running applications offline
- [Voiceover] Hi! I'm Bill Weinman and I'd like to welcome you to HTML5: Local Storage and Offline Applications in Depth. In this course we'll be examining the four storage options available in HTML5: local storage, session storage, Web SQL and IndexedDB. I'll show you how to create a local data set using each of these technologies, how to read from your data sets, how to update them and how to delete data from them, creating a complete application that provides these four fundamental capabilities using each of the available local storage options provided with HTML5.
Along the way we'll look at storage events so that separate windows can update each other in the same application and the offline applications interface so that your applications can continue to run even when not connected to the network. If you need to understand the storage options available with HTML5 and put them to work in your applications or for your clients, then you'll get the answers you need in HTML5: Local Storage and Offline Applications in Depth.
HTML5 Power Workshop50,008 Views
HTML5: Geolocation in Depth79,803 Views
HTML5: File API in Depth58,875 Views
HTML5 Projects: Interactive Charts36,524 Views
HTML5 Projects: Integrating Google Store Locator44,518 Views
Illustrator CC 2013 One-on-One: Fundamentals1,633,291 Views
PHP with MySQL Essential Training3,907,848 Views
Illustrator CC 2013 One-on-One: Mastery286,020 Views
iOS 8 App Development with Swift 1 Essential Training999,394 Views