- View Offline
- Assembling HDR images
- Configuring the interface
- Applying adjustments
- Working with presets
- Evaluating the before and after
- Modifying settings via a Smart Object
- Using selective adjustments
- Finishing touches
Skill Level Beginner
- Hello I'm Tim Grey. I've been a photographer for as long as I can remember. And for much of that time I struggled with exposure issues when the contrast of a scene exceeded the capture capabilities of my film or digital image sensor. Fortunately that's a problem of the past thanks to high dynamic range imaging, or HDR. To create a high dynamic range image you need to capture multiple images with different exposure settings. Those images then need to be assembled using special software in order to create a final image that represents the full range of the original scene.
One of the software tools serving this purpose is HDR Effects Pro from Nik Software and I have to say, with version 2, I am very excited about this great software tool. I'll start off by showing you the various ways you can assemble a basic HDR image using HDR Effects Pro, including a workflow that incorporates Adobe Photoshop or Adobe Photoshop Light Room. Next we'll take a look at the basics of HDR Effects Pro, including configuring the interface in settings, utilizing presets, and evaluating your image.
We'll then go step by step through the various adjustment options that are available in HDR Effects Pro, including overall tonal adjustments, color adjustments, and the ability to reset adjustments or go back in the history. One of the more powerful capabilities of HDR Effects Pro is the ability to utilize control points to apply selective adjustments. We'll take a look at all of the various options available through this powerful feature that enables a high degree of control over the adjustments you apply. Finally, we'll take a look at some finishing touches you can apply to your photos and learn how to save the final processed image.
I've really grown to enjoy HDR imaging and find HDR Effects Pro to be an excellent tool for assembling and optimizing HDR images. I look forward to showing you how to make the most of this powerful software tool. Let's get started.