Join Morten Rand-Hendriksen for an in-depth discussion in this video Installing Node.js, part of WordPress: Developing with Sass and Grunt.js.
- To start the process of getting Sass and Grunt…running on my Windows computer,…I need to install Node.js.…If you go to Nodejs.org, you can install the application…straight from the front page by clicking "Install" here.…This will give you the appropriate installer…for whatever operating system you're logged in as.…So in my case, I'm on Windows 8,…and I'm using a 64-bit version.…If you want a specific version,…you can also go to "Downloads" and pick the specific version…that fits best for your needs, but like I said,…I'm gonna go to the homepage, and just click on "Install."…This will download the installer…for my version of the operating system.…
And once the installer is downloaded, I can start it.…I'm gonna clear the window here…so you can see exactly what's going on.…Here, I'm just gonna run through…the standard install process, click "Next,"…accept the license agreement, allow the application…to be installed in the default location,…and just click through all the default settings here.…You might get a user access control flag,…
Note: This course doesn't teach Sass itself. To learn more about the language, watch CSS with LESS and Sass.
- Setting up your development environment
- Installing Node.js, Ruby, Grunt, and Sass
- Setting up Grunt and Sass on Mac and Windows
- Adding support to Grunt, Sass, Watch, and Autoprefixer in WordPress
- Building custom themes with _s and Sass