Join Morten Rand-Hendriksen for an in-depth discussion in this video Installing Grunt-cli and Sass, part of WordPress: Developing with Sass and Grunt.js.
- With Node.js and Ruby installed and running…on my Windows computer,…I'm now ready to set up Grunt and Sass…and get everything working.…All of this is done form the command line,…so I'll start by hitting my Windows key…and typing in cmd again,…to open the command prompt.…And from here, it doesn't actually matter what…folder I'm in right now,…because I'm going to install global versions…of both the grunt-cli, or command line interface,…and also Sass, so that I can use both Grunt and Sass…from any folder on my computer.…
I'll start by installing the grunt-cli.…To do that I'll type in npm, so node package manager,…install, because I want to install something…and then -g for global,…meaning it will be available for the entire computer…and then just type in grunt-cli.…Now when I hit return,…the computer will go out on the Internet…and find the current version of grunt-cli,…download it and install it into Node so that I can use it.…That means I now have Grunt available on my computer.…
The next step is to install Sass.…
Note: This course doesn't teach Sass itself. To learn more about the language, watch CSS with LESS and Sass.
- Setting up your development environment
- Installing Node.js, Ruby, Grunt, and Sass
- Setting up Grunt and Sass on Mac and Windows
- Adding support to Grunt, Sass, Watch, and Autoprefixer in WordPress
- Building custom themes with _s and Sass